Friday, May 18, 2012

Review: Texas Pride by Leigh Greenwood



A PRINCE AMONG MEN

Carla Reece had never met anyone more infuriating in her life. The blond giant who swaggered up to her door had no right to take over half her ranch - no matter how stupid her brother had been gambling it away in a high-stakes poker game. Her new foreman claimed to be some foreign royalty who promised to leave in a year. Still, a year was way too long to spend with a man who made her madder than a wet hen and weak in the knees all at the same time.

A HELLION AMONG WOMEN 

Ivan may have charmed everyone in town into thinking he was the perfect gentleman, but Carla knew better. There had to be a chink in his armor-a red-hot passion under that calm, cool gaze. But once she finds it, she may be in for more than she ever bargained for...



Texas Pride is the 5th book in the Night Riders series.

This is the first Night Riders book I have gotten my hands on, and I do think it would have been a bit better if I had read the previous 4 books from the series.  That said, it was still a wonderful western romance.  The characters were strong and well written and the plot kept my attention, but one thing that I noticed about Greenwood's writing is that he really conveys the emotions in his characters, and that was something I really loved.  I liked Ivan's character, but it was Carla that I have to favor.  Her stubbornness to be independent and strong was something I really liked (even if she sometimes did go about in some wrong ways).

I would like to continue reading the series (from the start!) and if you enjoy cowboys, then you should like this book as well.  (I say "should" because this book is set in the Post-Civil War era and I'm not sure what your tastes are on that).


1st-Texas Homecoming
2nd-Texas Bride
3rd-Born to Love
4th-Someone Like You

(The 6th book will come out in November! Heart of a Texan)






**I was sent a copy of the book in order to write a real and honest review. I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own.**

0 comments: