Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: Dating Mr. December by Phillipa Ashley

After a disastrous discovery loses Emma Tremayne both her boyfriend and her high-profile PR job in London, she moves to the Lake District to recover her confidence and live a simpler life. She loves her new job with the tourist board, and she's settling into small town life just fine-until she ends up responsible for a fundraising effort that calls for twelve naked mountain rescuers... description taken from here.






Dating Mr. December is a pretty slow book.  The first 2/3rds of the book I was forcing myself to get through.  It was boring, didn't capture my interest and was just all around dry.  With 1/3rd of the book left, the story started to pick up it's pace a bit, getting a bit more interesting.  The book still wasn't anything special.

The characters were ok, but the story lacked depth. This might be one of the main factors that equated to my not liking the book. The action was lacking. (I don't mean car chase action, but just that nothing was there to hold or even capture the reader's attention).




Overall, I can't recommed this book to anyone because I personally don't feel as if it is anything good enough to waste your money on.




**I was sent a free ARC so that I could write a real and honest opinion of the book.   I was not paid for posting this.  My opinions are 100% my own unless otherwise stated.**


* Eh, ok - but don't waste your money!
Heat Rating= mild



Until Next Time,
Happy Reading!

0 comments: