Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Mane Squeeze by Shelly Laurenston

This isn't a review.  I'm too tired right now to actually right a real review, but I will probably post one soon of this book if  I don't ramble too much about it right here and now.



Ok, first off: You girlies can see the cover clearly, yeah?  Because every time I close the book or pick it up, I feel the urge to act like a 12 year old and start kissing the cover. ; ) 


Now, for my mid-night ramble:

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!

I have been waiting and waiting to buy this series, but because they are Trade Paperbacks (the big ones) I didn't because I don't want to spend like $15 or 16 bucks each on a book.  So, I browsing my used book store one day, and, oh how I love this lady that works there, she carried a pile of eroticas and basically set them right in my lap.  So, I ended up with 3 Shelly Laurnstons and 1 Janelle Denison (Wilde Thing).

Anyways, point is, after the debate of which one to read, well I chose The Mane Squeeze and AWWWW I just want to read it all over again!! 

The male hero in the book is a bear shifter named Lachlan "Lock" and he is just so fricken adorable!  I kid you not. 

For example: 
-Lock is a bear who gets embarrassed by swarms of women paying attention to him.
-He likes to play with his toes when he gets depressed/angry/bored/playful/etc.
-He is a god in the bedroom according to Gwen (our female lead).
-Like a bear, he sometimes drags his "prey" (or Gwen's annoying brothers) around the room like a Tonka toy and he doesn't even realize it.  Even cuter, he gets embarrassed when someone points it out.

I could go on and on, but I would totally ruin the book for anyone who has yet to read it.  And, if you haven't, you need to!  I laughed so hard reading THE MANE SQUEEZE that I had to stick a pillow over my head to muffle my squeals of happiness so I did not wake anyone up last night while reading it.  Again, I kid you not.  Lock is just SO adorable, and Gwen kicks ass!  Seriously.  She actually goes throughout the book kicking (and punching and clawing) people's asses (and other body parts).  It's half the action and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

So, anyways, what was supposed to be a small little "GO READ THIS BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME AND I WILL POST MORE ABOUT IT LATER" post, kind of turned into a horribly written and sloppy review.  Forgive me, I am tired and really need to go to bed.  But, the book was SOOO good, so you really should check it out.  I already have the next book in the series sitting on my night stand waiting for me when I'm not quite so sleepy.

So, good night everyone, and remember to enter in the current giveaways going on on both K & K's and Sexy Women Read before they end!  Annnd, if you withstood my sloppy review all the way to the end of this post, then you deserve a prize.  Prize is: 2 extra entries for any and all giveaways on any and all of my blogs.  Just comment TWICE SEPARATELY with "The Mane Squeeze" on the giveaway's page that you are wanting to enter in.



Until Next Time,
Happy Reading!

0 comments: