Sunday, August 7, 2011

Review: The Goblin King by Shona Husk

Cursed by a Druid millennia ago, Roan lives a bleak existence in the Shadowlands, desperately trying to retain his soul and not succumb to the goblin horde. When a beautiful human summons him to grant a wish, he sees a glimmer of hope. But will she ever agree to be his queen? taken from here.


NOTE:

I did not realise that there is a prequel to the Goblin King called The Summons.  I have not read it, but I'm thinking maybe I should get it just for the fun of it.

THE GOBLIN KING is the first in the trilogy, and according to Shona Husk's website the 2nd book Kiss of the Goblin Prince will be released in May 2012 and For the Love of a Goblin Warrior in Fall 2012.


I loved the Goblin King, but man did I ever sob my heart out.  It was just so touching there was no way I couldn't not cry.  The characters were amazing, the story line brilliant, and the ending was beautiful.

Roan (the Goblin King) is just, simply put, amazing.  He is one of those characters that I will probably never forget.  (You know you all have favorites just like I do!)  Eliza, our heroin, is pretty snazzy too.  She needed help when she was younger, and there was Roan.  Years later, all grown up, she still hasn't forgotten about him.  And, when she needs help again, Roan comes to her aid.

I love story lines like this.  The kind that are so emotional; the kind that makes you empathise completely because it seems like you are right there with them.  The ones where the guy is always right there but all the while has his own wounds to heal.

I loved this book.  And, the cover wasn't too harsh on the eyes either! ; )



Until Next Time,
Happy Reading!




**I was sent a copy of the book in order to write a real and honest review. I was not paid to write this review. All opinions are my own.**

0 comments: