Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hex In High Hells by Linda Wisdom

 Ok, I haven't actually finished this book, so what this post is, is a short little update about my reading of the book.
    I had read the back of the book and thought it sounded cute and funny.  Well, it might be, but it's not my type of book.  It's very... fluffy.  It's slow-ish with the barest hint of detail and it leaves me feeling kind of cheated. 
    Now, I've only read 30 pages of it, so it might be one of those books that gets better further on, but I really don't think I'm going to continue reading it.

     That said, I'll tell you what it's about.   A witch named Blaire runs a little antique store in her tiny mountain town.  A shape-shifter (who shifts into a Boarder Collie) has moved into the town a few months back and Blaire finds him irresitably handsome.  Well, turns out Jake finds her pretty hot too. 
     So, what's the problem?  Every great book has to have some sort of plot right?  Well.. Jake has left his pack, choosing to live on his own.  Now, his pissy mom is coming around wanting to drag him, a grown man, back home to his pack. 

    I can't tell you more than that because that is as far as I've read.  What I can tell you is that, to me, this feels like one of those romance books that could be between a YA novel and a full blown adult book.  Like I said, it's fluff to me (not my type) and seems rather like fan fiction (which annoys me).
    Some people will probably love this book, but, sadly, I'm not one of those people.

Now, before I forget to say it, Happy Holidays!!!


Until next time,
Happy Reading
and Happy Holidays!

1 comments:

StephTheBookworm said...

Great blog! This book looks pretty cute, hopefully it will get better for you! I'll definitely be checking out some more of your reviews! :)