Monday, May 3, 2010

Review: Lover Mine by JR Ward

 I pre-order the new Black Dagger Brotherhood book a while back.  I was stoked to get it, so as soon as I got it (like 3 days ago), I did little more than read.  I finished it yesterday and now my mom is reading it.  And, as much as I love the Brothers, this one I felt just wasn't as good.  I think it might be because I'm biased though, and I missed all the info on the other brothers. 

Lover Mine was focused on John and Xhex in this installment of JR Ward's series. John is an awesome character, don't get me wrong, but he just was never my favorite character. That's not to say that I didn't like his character, just that I favored some of the boys over him.  I think it might be because even though he wore leather and threw daggers, he just was never "bad" enough for me to fall for his character.  Whatever.

There didn't seem to be as much sex in this book as the other BDB books..  Ward wrote her newest novel brillantly.  Xhex had just the right amount of tough-ass I-can-take-care-of-myself and sappy girly girl in her character in this book.  I liked the emotions that were pushed with Blaylock and Quinn's relationship.  And, at the same time, I was torn.  I felt sorry for Blay, who is nothing but a sweetheart, and yet, I couldn't stop liking Quinn.  I think it might be that hot, mixed matched  stare.. Hmm.. might be..  Anyways, on one side I wanted to say, "hey Quinn, stop being a meanie and go be with Blay", and on the other side I'm kind of like, "Quinn, stay away from Blay, I want you to have your own book because I like you so much". 

Also, while I'm being a tad sappy, let me just mention that I loved how Ward allowed Tohrment to grieve, and his time at his home that he once shared with his Wellsie.  The tiny flashbacks, no matter that they were only a few lines each, made my eyes misty.



**** Keeper
Heat Rating= Sexy/Spicy (when it was there)



**I bought this book of my own will. No one paid me for this post. I am posting it at my own wish with my real and honest opinion. All opinions are my own, unless otherwise stated.**


Until Next Time,
Happy Reading!




0 comments: