Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shopping for the Dad who has everything

This is a guest post by Frank Johnson



My Dad is hands down the most difficult person to shop for in the world. He's the man that literally has everything, and every time we ask him what he wants for his birthday or Christmas his response is "all I want is to spend time with my children. You don't have to get me anything." And he's serious, which makes it even harder because you HAVE to get your Dad something for his birthday.

I finally decided I needed to get him something fun that had to do with Oliver tractors. They're his favorite, and I'm pretty sure the Oliver tractor he has will get more of his inheritance than any of his children will.


Using my hughes net internet I found a store on eBay that sells all sorts of Oliver tractor gear. I ruled out getting him the bright green jacket and decided against the belt buckle, and decided he would probably like the "Oliver tractor crossing, all others will be plowed" sign to hang in his barn. It would be perfect. The only problem was that the sign came in literally every color... except the color of Oliver tractors.


What's the point in getting him an Oliver Tractor sign if it was bright red? Even I know that Oliver tractors aren't red. I emailed the manufacturer and not even 5 minutes later, got a response. He told me he'd be willing to custom make me any sign I want and to let him know the size, font, color and image that would go on it. I had no idea what to do with it other than make it green, so his advice helped me figure out how to make a sign perfect for my Dad. From there, my sign was on its way to being created and customized just for Dad. Perfect. !



**I did recieve a small compensation for the post. All opinions are my own unless otherwise stated.**




Until Next Time,
Happy Reading!

0 comments: