Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Writing Tips

Ok, we all know how hard it can be to finish a story we start.  For me, it's the middle, I get the feeling of 'where now?'  Well, I was browsing some of my favorite authors websites, and by came across a great post by Eden Robins (author of AFTER SUNDOWN: SALVATION):

1. Work backwards—write the end and then the beginning.


2. Find a writing friend and bounce ideas back and forth either via instant message or on the telephone.

3. Read a good creativity book such as The Artists Way. And, of course I hope you'll consider reading So Your Muse Has Gone AWOL?

4. Keep your butt in the chair. Sounds simple, but it works. Keep writing, even if you can always edit. "I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter." ~James Michener

5. Work on something else. Sometimes going to another project (like I wrote this while trying to come up with a hook for my newspaper article) can free up your creativity and get the juices flowing again.

6. Check out some ideas at http://www.musegoneawol.com/

7. Sign up for Daily Muse Prompts hosted by Pamela Johnson through www.worldromancewriters.com (you must be a member of WRW but membership is free).

8. Remember why you love to write. Have fun!
Now, I don't know about you guys, but I am definelty going to try some of these tips!
Happy Reading & Writing!

P.S. Here is Eden's website: http://www.edenrobins.com/index.php

0 comments: